The services provided to each individual client are dictated by the care plan after the initial medical assessment. The care plan can only be changed by agreement between the client and the management of Four Winds.
We provide a broad range of services, which include:
- Homemaker/chore services. To create or maintain a safe, clean, orderly environment is basic to all of our cases. A state of cleanliness and order are very important for controlling sources of infection and fighting depression.
- Personal assistance services. We will assist where necessary, based upon the medical assessment of the client, with personal hygiene, oral hygiene, dressing, grooming, bathing, etc.
- Home delivery of food, medication, and other basic goods. This service makes it easier for our clients to have the basic things needed for daily living. This service continues with proper storage, preparation, unpacking or otherwise placing the basic goods in service.
- Nutrition service and special diets. For most of our clients we prepare meals in the home. The aroma of food and the opportunity to involve the client to the extent they can safely participate in food preparation can be therapeutic. Special diets, intake, and output are closely monitored when required.
- Service coordination and management. Some of our clients do not have relatives in the area or any living friends. In these situations, we will coordinate and manage all of their personal, business, and social needs. Many of our clients require some degree of assistance with service coordination and management. Especially when other agencies and specialty organizations are required to meet the care plan.
- Exercise and health education. Many of our clients are receiving physical or occupational therapy from other agencies we work with. Our caregivers continue the exercise program with the clients’ between visits from the therapists. For other clients we encourage ROM and activities the client can safely perform.
- Friendly visits. We make friendly visits on a regular basis. It is part of the service we offer, and there is no additional charge. Bill paying, upon request management will provide this service to our private duty clients who need assistance paying their bills and with other correspondence.